Thursday, May 14, 2009

Note

Don't really know what i was thinking
'til i stopped and sat there blinking at the day
never saw the light that was shining down
dancing on my face and this half-formed frown
as my thoughts turned and drifted far away
fingers clenching at distant notions
my face clouded with mixed emotions
feet absently finding grip on hard-packed dirt
the breeze cutting like blades right through my shirt
as i rose and thought of nothing else to say
how can i reply, look in your eyes
when nothing that i know will make you stay?...
lips frozen like the winter air
eyes burning begin to blur
an expression that we never hope to wear
a note left behind without a single word
and dropped suddenly, a lead weight in my hand
a list of reasons that you could understand

No comments:

Post a Comment